In this course students with an intermediate level of Spanish combine 20 lessons per week of intensive Spanish language tuition with 10 small group sized lessons of specialised instruction in legal Spanish. In addition, students will visit places of interest related to the legal profession including Murcia County Courthouse and correctional institutions.
Legal Spanish classes include lessons in building a legal vocabulary, identifying areas of the law, understanding contracts, briefing cases and using new sources to learn about the law. Students also practice sentence drafting, identifying and correcting errors, and complete exercises in sentence editing.
They are also reminded of the importance of good communication skills during activities and impromptu public speaking exercises. Although our teachers have a wide knowledge of the subject, please note that they are not professional lawyers.
This is an example of the topics covered in this course:
- Spanish Constitution and Spanish Law.
- Procedural Law.
- Commercial Law and the Common Market.
- Criminal Law and Criminology.
- Legal and Professional advice.
- Starting dates: every Monday.
- Length: from 1 to 12 weeks.
- Number of lessons: 30 per week.
- Levels: from B1.
- Max. in class: 5 students.
- Class times: from 10 h. to 13.30 h. and from 17 h. to 18 h. (subject to variation)
Our courses can be taken for periods of time different than those indicated. Please contact us for further information and don´t forget to read our general conditions on bookings & prices. Remember there is a 39 € inscription fee and 35 € course material in all courses.