Looking for accommodation? We offer you a wide range of cheaper and better options than anywhere else.
Bear in mind that it is very important for you to book your flat before your arrival so we will have an apartment reserved for you. Otherwise we cannot guarantee flat availability.
We offer students apartments in the best areas of the city centre, well communicated, carefully decorated and totally equipped with the advantages of a hotel and the privacy of a cozy apartment. So if you are looking for student flats use our special page in FACEBOOK here where you will find many options for your interest.
Apartment accommodation is also available for non IH Murcia students.
How do I book a room?
This procedure should be STRICTLY followed in order to book a flat:
If you are not in Murcia:
- Please send us your booking form here.
- Once we receive your details we will contact you to find out your specific needs. Then, we will send you a document with your accommodation´s general conditions containing information about your landlord, apartment and general basic rules.
- You will have to complete your booking by making a bank transfer for your reservation (account details are provided below).
- Please e-mail us your bank receipt. Note that without this transfer we cannot reserve your accommodation and confirm availability.
- When departure date according to your general conditions document, your landlord will pay you back the amount of money initially transfered for your reservation, as long as there is no breach of the contract previously signed with your landlord on arrival.
- Please let us know your arrival time and date in Murcia to provide your apartment keys.
- And that´s it!
If you are in Murcia:
- You will need to come to our office to talk about your specific needs.
- Then you will receive your accommodation´s general conditions containing information about your landlord, apartment and general basic rules.
- Eventually you will pay your reservation. When departure date according to your general conditions document, your landlord will pay you back the amount of money intially paid for your reservation, as long as there is no breach of the contract previously signed with your landlord on arrival.
How much do I need to pay for my reservation?
- Each apartment has its own different landlord, price and booking conditions, so that it will depend on the place that you will be living in. The minimum amount will be half a rent´s month. The maximum will be two rent´s months. The money paid for reservation will be returned when you leave the apartment if no breach of contract.
- Of course, we will provide you with an accurate price when asking about your flat details.
How can I pay for my reservation?
Our bank details are the following:
- Name: Instituto Hispánico de Murcia S.L.
- Bank: SabadellCAM.
- Address: Av. Juan Carlos I, 24, 30.840 Alhama (Murcia), Spain.
- IBAN: ES63 0081-1162-37-0001121814 / BIC: BSAB ESBB.
If you are in Murcia you can also come to the school and pay your deposit cash.
How, to whom and when can I pay for my rent?
- You need to get in touch with your flat’s owner and pay him directly. Some owners prefer to go to tenant’s houses and charge the tenant in cash while some others would like a bank transfer.
- Rent should be paid before every month´s fifth day.
What is the minimum/maximum period I can book a flat?
You can book your flat for the time you need, from a few nights to a single week or a full academic year.
When and how do I get my apartment keys?
- You should confirm your estimated time of arrival. In the event that there is any change, you need to let us know as soon as possible by calling the contact number we will give you once you book your flat. We will then inform your landlord.
- Once you are in Murcia you need to get in touch with him to let him know about your arrival so that you can meet him at your new flat and get your keys.
Are bed sheets, blankets and towels included?
For hygienic reasons and for the sake of convenience, bed sheets, blankets, and towels are considered as household and personal use items. Hence, they are not included and you should bring them with you.
Are pets allowed?
You should let us know beforehand in order to inform your landlord and your roommates to check any possible allergies.
Is there a phone home line?
Shared flats are rarely provided with home line. If so, expenses will be at your own cost.
Is Internet access provided?
You have the possibility of getting Internet in all our apartments. There many offers out there so please discuss this issue directly with your landlord.
May I move in earlier or move out later than agreed when I booked my flat?
Should you need extra days in order to move in or out, you need to let us know in advance so that we can help you. Extra nights will have extra cost.
Is there a washing machine?
What appliances are provided in my apartment?
All flats are equipped with washers, refrigerator and kitchen. You can find the following appliances in many of our flats: microwave, dishwasher, dryer, iron, TV, fan, video, DVD, computer, air conditioning, heating, TDT, and hair dryer. However, there is no compulsory requirement to provide them. If you would like to know what appliances are available, you can read it on your flat info or simply ask us.
Does rent cost cover utilities bills (electricity, water, gas, building expenses and Internet)?
Bills are not included in your rent although some landlords include the above mentioned costs in the rent. In this case, this piece of info will be added in the flat description.
How much do I need to pay to cover my bills?
Cost for electricity, water and gas depend on your personal use habits, but average could be 35 € per person monthly. Once the landlord received the bills, he will send you a copy so that you can check how much you consumed.
So we advise you to make a proper and rational use of electricity, gas and water.
What happens if I cancel my reservation before my arrival?
If you cancel your reservation, in compliance with what is written in the general conditions you need to sign, you will lose the money paid for the reservation. Hence you will not be reimbursed under any circumstances.
What happens if I cancel my accommodation once the rental term begins?
If you decide to move out before the end of the agreed rental period (shall be subject to the terms and conditions agreeded once you signed your accommodation´s general conditions or by means of a confirmation email), you are not entitled to receive any reimbursement as far as your reservation is concerned.
Who will return my money once my rental period is over and when can I get it back?
Your landlord will reimburse you according to the terms agreed in your general conditions, as long as there is no breach of contract.
What happens if something is broken?
You should tell your landlord right away. If you break something due to incorrect and improper use, you will need to pay for the repair. On the contrary, the landlord will take charge of any other issue right away. When light bulbs burn out, you need to replace them.
In my flat we use gas: What number can I call in order to buy the gas tank and how much does it cost?
Call 902 103 100. Tanks cost around 15 € and they are supposed to last about two months in a 3-person-flat. We recommend to have a spare tank for your own sake. If you couldn´t sort this out yourself, please contact your landlord.
Am I allowed to have friends, relatives or partners in my place?
You should always need to let your landlord know in advance about your guests’ arrival and the amount of time they will stay in your place.
What should I do if I want to rent the same flat again in the future?
Remember that you found your flat thanks to our hard work and good service, so any new future rent should be made by contacting us. Renting a flat directly to the landlord is not allowed and might have a 500 € penalty fine according to Spanish law. You should also tell us about any personal arrangements you may make as far as your flat rent is concerned.
Will Instituto Hispánico de Murcia be responsible for students and/or landlords’ actions?
Instituto Hispánico de Murcia will only act as means of contact between the tenant and the landlord. You should avail yourself to the terms and conditions agreed upon the rental contract that you shall sign.
Under no circumstances will Instituto Hispánico de Murcia be responsible for the actions taken by any party.