We offer exclusively Spanish Courses for Erasmus students who are having difficulties following their classes at the University of Murcia, or for students who would like to improve their Spanish taking a long term language course.
You should know that the University of Murcia also offers Spanish lessons, that´s why students join our courses!
The course consists of 2 lessons per week split into two days (1,5 hours each day). All students have to take a placement level test before starting their course. Although this course is focused on ERASMUS students´ needs it is also open to non University students.
The maximum number of students in the classrooms is 10, so we can always guarantee high quality language courses.
In addition to the course, we offer the possibility to take part in an exchange with Spanish students and a wide weekly activity programme, such us weekend boat parties, bbq´s, trips to Cadiz carnival party, day trips to Valencia´s Fallas & Alicante, weekends in Ibiza, Granada or Madrid, ...
Those students interested in a more intensive course can check out our offers on general Spanish courses and improve their language competence.
We don´t only use five senses in our teaching but two extra ones, two magic ingredients, common sense and sense of humour!
Are you also looking for students´ flat accommodation? click here then.
- Special 60% discount on inscription course fees (from 39 € to 15 €). ONLY FOR BOOKINGS BEFORE OCTOBER 4th 2013
- 5 € special price on class material (no books but photocopied material).
- FREE IH Murcia student discount card (more info here).
- Starting dates: every Monday from September to June.
- Length: from 4 to 24 weeks.
- Number of hours: 3 per week.
- Levels: A1, A2, B1, B2 and C1
- Max. in class: 3 minimum, 10 maximum.
- Class times: from 18 h. to 19.30 h. (subject to variation)
INCLUDED IN YOUR COURSE FEE
Our courses can be taken for periods of time different than those indicated. Please contact us for further information and don´t forget to read our general conditions on bookings & prices. Remember there is a 15 € inscription fee and 5 € course material in this course.
Till today, and for 13 years, 100% of our students have successfully passed this exam... and that means 377 students! Would you like to be part of this exclusive club? Then read on.
The "Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera" or Spanish as a Foreign Language Diploma, is the only certificate for non-native speakers of Spanish officially recognised by the Spanish Ministry of Education and Culture and the Instituto Cervantes, so this is a very important document in terms of employment opportunities.
Exam dates and fees are annually established by the Spanish Ministry of Education and Culture and they normally take place in May, August and November. For further details please click here.
This course runs for 25 lessons a week. Each day, during the first two lessons, we study the possible grammatical problems and their practical application adapted to the different levels of language knowledge. In the next three lessons we cover the subjects of specific aspects of the exam: specialised vocabulary, writing skills, oral expression, listening and reading comprehension, debates on current issues, etc.
We also review previous year's exams and you will have mock exams to check the study progress of every student.
For your interest, you will be also able to take individual lessons to reinforce any extra foundations.
- Starting dates: every Monday.
- Length: from 2 to 12 weeks.
- Number of lessons: 25 lessons per week.
- Levels: all.
- Max. in class: 10 students.
- Class times: from 10 h. to 14,30 h. (subject to variation)
INCLUDED IN YOUR COURSE FEE
This is an opportunity to improve your Spanish and to learn Spanish cookery. In this one or two-week course we combine our intensive Spanish course with cooking lessons, activities and in-site visits.
Murcian cuisine is a very important part of the world famous Mediterranean diet and Murcia is known for its delicious and varied "tapas".
Here, you can find fresh fish and seafood from the Murcian coast and the Mar Menor, the great olive oil, the best fruit in the east side and the basic natural ingredients of our national gastronomy.
This course will be taught in DEGUSTO Y PUNTO restaurant /school by chef Juan Luis Buitrago, an expert trainer of chefs and national television programme host. You can watch a video here.
- Spanish cuisine.
- The Murcian cuisine. Introducing local food & drink gastronomy.
- The Mediterranean diet.
- Current trends & practices in Spanish cuisine.
- Basic knowledge of new cooking techniques.
- Typical & traditional recipes from Spanish and Murcian cuisine.
- Technical vocabulary in gastronomy.
- Health regulations in the kitchen.
One week programme:
- 15 Spanish lessons (max. 9 students per classroom)
- 10 cooking classes (max. 5 students per course)
- 5 meals with a Spanish & English speaker IH Murcia member
- Visit to local markets: fruits & veggies and pork products making
- Guided visit to CASA ERMITA vineyard & wine producing. Wine tasting included.
- Guided visit to OLIMENDROS, olive oil press and bottling company.
- Spanish & English speaker Instituto Hispanico de Murcia member at all times
- Dates: every Monday
- Length: 1 or 2 weeks
- Number of lessons: Intensive Spanish 15/ week + cooking lessons and activities
- Levels: from elementary A2 to advanced C2
- Participants: from 1 to 5
- Small group size
- Timetable: Spanish lessons from 10,00 h to 12,30 h (subject to variation) + activities
- Half board (breakfast & dinner) single room host family accommodation included. You can check other accommodation options here
- Transportation to oil press and vineyard companies included
- Course fees: 775 € / week
- Airport transfer not included. Please ask for further details
INCLUDED IN YOUR COURSE FEE
Our courses can be taken for periods of time different than those indicated. Please contact us for further information and don´t forget to read our general conditions on bookings & prices. Remember there is a 39 € inscription fee and 35 € course material in all courses.
Included in all our courses for FREE
- Placement level test before your course.
- Teacher´s counselling assistance.
- 24/7 emergency phone service.
- Medical assistance, and if needed, a member of staff will be able to take you to ER.
- Full info pack with a street map of Murcia and information about the school and the city.
- Two hour guided city tour every Monday.
- Free sangria and welcome party every Wednesday.
- Spanish films every week.
- Use of our computer service, access to Internet and Wi-Fi. You will be able to receive faxes too.
- Usage of book collection, video & audio materials, music CDs, Spanish films and DVDs.
- Most afternoon activities are free of charge.
- We will help you with the introduction of an "intercambio" to help you improve your Spanish by meeting local people who are also interested in your language.
- Diploma at the end of the course.
- Daily press.
- And above all, a very special approach.
What we do, we do it well!