1st Minimum age
The minimum age for enrolment is 14 years old. Please contact us for further information about younger students’ bookings.
2nd Payment policy
All payments are due to be paid in EUROS at least 1 week before the student’s arrival by:
1) Bank transfer to the following bank account (all bank charges must be paid by the sender):
Bank: CAM - Caja de Ahorros del Mediterráneo (Swift Code CAAMES2A)
Address: Av. Juan Carlos I, 24, Postal Code 30.840, Alhama (Murcia), Spain
Name: Instituto Hispánico de Murcia
IBAN: ES74 - 2090 – 0200 - 18 - 00402242 - 92
2) Internet: Via our web page; please contact us for further information.
3) Cheques from a Spanish bank. Please contact us before you send your cheque.
- For tracking purposes, please send us a copy of your bank transfers by email.
- Clearly indicate the name(s) of the student(s) on the transfers as well as their reference number.
- All bank charges and commissions should be paid by the sender.
- Outstanding payments are due on first day of the course.
Please do not forget we do not accept credit cards.
3rd Cancellation and refund policy
All cancellations must be notified in writing to our office (letter, fax or e-mail). Cancellations not received in writing will not be accepted.
- There is no cancellation fee is made 4 weeks prior to your course/accommodation starting dates.
- There is a 100% cancellation fee if made after 4 weeks prior to your course/accommodation starting dates or once your course/accommodation have started, so no refund whatsoever will be returned.
- No refund will be received due to visa issue. Please read further down for more information.
- In previous cases mentioned above, we will give you credit for a year in order to start your course.
- IH Murcia cannot be held responsible for cancellations due to Act of God, natural disasters, student’s health or personal problems, before or while the course is taking place. Individual lessons could be cancelled or postponed if notifed in writing 24 hours in advance; otherwise lessons will be missed and payment will be not reimbursed. Credit hours do not apply in this case.
- The reservation is made on a weekly basis - Sunday to Saturday; extra nights can be requested but IH Murcia does not guarantee the availability of extra nights of accommodation in the same host family or apartment. Accommodation is available from 12,00 h p.m. on the Sunday prior to the first day of the course – Monday - to 12,00 h p.m. on the Saturday after students complete their course.
- If choosing a host family, IH Murcia will provide students´ family information one week before student´s arrival in order to avoid uncomfortable last minute changes. Students should inform well in advance IH Murcia or their host family of their arrival time and date, otherwise IH Murcia will no be responsible for greeting or picking up the student. For last minute registration IH Murcia cannot guarantee required accommodation preferences. Students should bring along their own towels. Laundry is included once a week, but not ironing. Bookings for twin or double rooms are only available for students coming together. Please read here our full homestay guideline.
- If choosing a students´ apartment, please read here our full apartments´ terms and conditions guideline.
- In the case of a serious disciplinary offence or repeated bad behavior, the student will be expelled from the accommodation contracted with IH Murcia without the right to any refund.
- The student will be charged for the replacement of broken items due to either negligence, intention or accident.
- In all accommodation cases, if a student decides to postpone or take a break from the contracted period, s/he will loose any right to a monetary refund and the accommodation contract will be cancelled.
- Any change of accommodation after arrival will incur a fee of 125 €.
- IH Murcia accepts no responsibility whatsoever for cases of force majeure (according to law) or for students’ actions.
5th Complaints or comments
In case of default or complaint, students must report their complaint to the school secretary office by writing within the first week after their arrival. IH Murcia will certify the situation within 2 working days and will inform the student.
- IH Murcia does not accept responsibility for losses or damages to personal properties in or outside the school premises. Students are advised to take out personal insurance to cover themselves against any cause. Please read below.
- IH Murcia is not responsible or liable for accidents occurring outside the school premises (i.e. accommodation or excursions).
- IH Murcia reserves the right to alter dates, fees, timetables or teaching premises without prior notice.School fees will be updated on a yearly basis.
- In case of unforeseen reasons classes might be postponed and held during a different timetable.
- Any change of accommodation or language course after arrival will incur a fee of 125 €.
Should the student not follow or respect the rules and regulations of the school, exhibits poor behaviour or does not attend classes on a regular basis IH Murcia might cancel his/her course and no money will be reimbursed.
Participants must have health & liability insurance covering all costs that may arise during the course duration. IH Murcia will not be responsible in any way for any accidents, loss or damage to students or their belongings during the course, either in students´ accommodation or at school premises. We will be happy to arrange health & liability insurance for your stay for 60 €.
10th Spain´s local & national holidays
The school will be closed when local or national holidays take place but whenever two holidays in a week we shall make up one of them. Individual classes are always covered. In all cases students will pay on a regular week basis regardless of holidays. It is by all means students´ responsibility to contact us before booking in order to get this information. Please contact us in order to know 2012 school holidays.
11th Enrolment fee, books & class material
- In all our courses there is an inscription fee of 39 €, to be paid once in students´ lifetime. It includes registration, placement test for entry level before students´ arrival, additional materials, welcome pack, activities, personal assistance, unlimited Internet access at the school and certificate.
- All students will receive a course book, an exercise grammar book (price 35 €) and all additional class material provided by our teachers. If the student would like to buy a course book of a different level, the cost will be 20 € per book + CD. There is a different course book for every language level, so if the student gets a higher level – approximately after 60 hours of language teaching – the student will have to buy another course book.
Citizens of most European countries do not need a Visa to enter Spain. Students coming from other countries should obtain information regarding the requirements for obtaining a VISADO (VISA) at their nearest Spanish Embassy or Consulate. For general information regarding visas for language courses, please click here. The certificates that accredit and confirm the enrolment in a Spanish program at IH Murcia can only be signed, sealed and sent by people authorized by IH Murcia, who will not be held responsible for rejected Visa applications due to the fact that these documents do not have any official power and merely serve as confirmation of a course in one of our centres. Such documents will only be sent to cover the amount of course time initially contracted by the student. IH Murcia will send out by ordinary mail, e-mail or fax, free of charge and to any student who asks for them, the following documents (if and only if the total cost of the programme has been paid):
- Confirmation of the Spanish program chosen by the student.
- Invoice for the total cost of the program in question (course + accommodation, if any).
- In the event that the student should urgently need the originals of any of these documents, IH Murcia will send them and charge the cost of the express mail to the student.
If student visa is rejected IH Murcia will not refund any money, although we will give 1 YEAR credit to students to obtain their visa and take the booked course in our school. Under any circumstances IH Murcia will not be responsible for visa rejections. Student will be obliged to send us a clear copy of the original formal proof of the rejected visa.
13th Minimum number of students required
There is a minimum number of 2 students in order to run any course, except for special tailor made courses and ERASMUS courses (minimum 3 students). If there is only one student enrolled in an specific course, individual lessons will be offered and the teaching time will be reduced to reflect the group course fee charged when booking. Fees paid will not be reimbursed if student does not accept this offer.
We know that reserving the right for reducing lessons causes insecurity for students at the moment of enrollment which may detract people from booking with our school in the first place. If there are not sufficient participants at the moment of enrollment, we will explicitly inform the student about possible consequences upon enrollment 7 days before the start of the course, and students will be notified about a reduction of the number of lessons. Having said that, this fact rarely takes place.
14th Airport pick up taxi service
Arrival manager will wait a maximum of 60 minutes after expected arrival time for the student. If student does not show up/ does not contact the arrival manager the airport-pickup service will expire but student will still have to pay for the service. If student contacts arrival manager with a change of arrival time while arrival manager is already at the airport a 10 € supplement will be charged for every 30 minutes additional waiting time.
15th Long duration courses
Students booking a long duration course - i.e. more than 4 weeks - will only be able to take any breaks within the contracted period under a penalty of 100 € every time the student wishes so.
16th Pictures and promotional materials
Students should be aware that they may appear in IH Murcia's promotional materials or photos. The management of IH Murcia reserves the right to use all possible photos taken during the student’s stay unless the student declares otherwise on his arrival at the school.
Instituto Hispánico de Murcia welcomes applications from students with disabilities and always do whatever we can to assist with your study abroad plans. Students with disabilities will find our school site more accessible than others. We are happy to adapt the programmes in order to cover your specific needs. You must specify what support you require in order to be able to adjust certain installations, especially where accommodation is required.
18th Acceptance of the General Conditions
Participation in our courses implies knowledge of and acceptance by the student and/or his/her parents or legal guardian of all General Conditions included here